Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My, How time flies

I just got a note from a friend of mine in Miami, Fl.
Gosh, it seems like yesterday her daughter was a 5 year old and her son a new born. Here her daughter has been teaching for 10 years and has gotten the teacher of the year award, and the National something or other.. and she is in charge of the school's website. http://killian.dadeschools.net/ .
Her son got married and she sent me a picture of him and his bride. Nice looking couple. The son is a BIG boy now. Time do rush by doesn't it? Her daughter teaches physics. I have a hard time picturing them as being all grown up even though I watched them grow up. The son was a frequent visitor to my house.
My friend retired in June she said. I guess she will never leave Miami now. Not as long as her children are there. She had always planned on going back to Georgia hill country. She didn't mention that in her note.

No comments: