Saturday, October 27, 2007

We had out of town company for a couple of days.. Rod and Ruth Ann are out touring the west. They are from Michigan, so they stopped by to visit hubby for a couple of days. Really nice people. Wish they could have stayed another day or two.

I was meandering around the web this morning and came across Sam Adams Blog.. interesting

"Michiganders lose...for now [Sam Adam Alliance and Foundation Blog]

The status quo won in Lansing, MI the other day as politicians raised the income tax in an already over-taxed state. Leon Drolet worked hard to avoid this outcome, and now, he's running an aggressive Plan B to show that it's the people--not the politicians--who are in charge of the government."

http://www.samadamsalliance.org/blog/id.2876/blog_detail.asp


My comment is that it should read, It's the people that SHOULD be in charge, not the Unions. I understand the Unions can get pretty nasty up there.

But until the people take an interest in what is going on around them and to them the unions and special interest groups will be controlling the politicians. And how are you going to stimulate an interest? They are too busy worrying about what the kids are doing or not doing, or how they are going to make ends meet this month, and worry about next month when it gets here. Then there is the group that just sort of stands around with their hands out, saying here I am, take care of me. It seems that we are not raising independent children any more. It is hard to raise independent children or children to be independent. It takes a lot of tough love on the part of the parents. Maybe it is because when there were 10 or 12 kids in the family it was hard not to raise them to be independent. When you just have one or two or three, it is easier to give into their demands than to say NO.. But there are a lot of GOOD kids out there.. if there weren't we wouldn't have an all volunteer military. I think we should find their parents and study them and how they raised their children.

Then there is the education system. Back in the 60's I was shocked when I really found out the changes there... My son got into a fight on the school grounds and was suspended for 3 days. That happened on a Monday.. and wouldn't you know it was Easter weekend. There was no school on Friday or Monday.. I went to the principal and complained bitterly. He asked me what I would suggest he do.. I said keep him in every afternoon for 5 days and make him do his homework, fore go recess, spend so much time in the library. Now that would punish my son. That is what they did to us when I went to school. He said they couldn't do that because it would require a teacher be with him and the teachers union wouldn't allow it. That was the first I knew there was a teachers union. I was furious... I told him that I wished they had of had that policy when I was going to school, a blanket 3 day suspension, I would have been in a fight EVERY Tuesday afternoon.. and stomped out. Here I thought that teachers were dedicated, come to find out it was just a job. That was a rude awakening too. No wonder students don't respect their teachers. The teachers are not there for them, they are just there to collect a paycheck.. and it shows. Maybe not all of them. I am forever optimistic.

2 comments:

Jiner said...

Great site! Reminds me of the Malkin site.

Good graphics and I look forward to your 'photo album,' when you get loose with this stuff!

Like money? Look into Google Ads?

Buena y grandissima suerte con este!

Margie said...

Mil Gracias compadre