Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Well, this morning I was reading some comments about Chris Matthews from Hardball and his conduct with a really nice looking young woman. I would have loved to make a comment to the comments, but you had to be a "professional" blogger, and that I am not. In fact this is my first time at blogging.

My comment would have been, all of them were correct, but not quite. I believe his attitude towards the young good looking women is not necessarily because he is chauvinistic , that too, but he is actually degrading them..

When I was growing up a beautiful woman was considered brainless. Much like the Blondie jokes of today. And I believe that is what he is trying to convey.. "okay guys, this gal, thinks she is smart, but look how good looking she is, no brains".. In fact I remember hearing/reading that when the author/philosopher, Rousseau
,was approached by some ding bat blond and she told him that they should get married, "imagine the children with your brains and my looks." His reply was, "I am afraid they might have my looks and your brains."

No comments: