Thursday, November 15, 2007

Blah Day

This has been sort of a Blah day... About 6-8 weeks ago my little cockatiel died. We had him for 28-29 years. His little mate was soooo lonely. She chirped every time I got out of her sight. My grandson #2 knew of a lady that had birds and as a matter of fact took his birds. So, I tried to get in contact with her. She never returned my phone calls. Then I decided I would try a radio program called "Let's Trade Even" Then I thought someone might take her that knew nothing about birds and the desire for a bird might last a month or so and then she would end up being shuttled around to who knows where or how she will be treated. So, I vetoed that. Decided I would keep her. Then yesterday without really thinking about it, I called a vet here in town. Told the lady what I was looking for.. she got excited and said she would take the bird. She has one male cockatiel, that sings the Andy Griffith tune, and an Amazon Gray. So, hubby took her off to the vets office. They trimmed her flight wings and her nails and the lady took her home. She said this morning that she had the thunder bit out of her last night, but that was okay.. time would take care of it. So, that has made me feel better. I am sure she has a good home and will be kindly treated.

A friend sent me this website...http://earmarkwatch.org/
A very interesting site.. you can find out how much pork your Representatives brought home.
What it was for and etc.

We woke up to a very cold morning. I had 30°F. Thank goodness very little wind. Just a slight puff now and then. My chickens were not very active either. It was a bone chilling cold. I got out my new "neck warmer". Boy is that nice. Works well too.. you can pull it up over your ears and nose and mouth and still have your neck nice and warm. Last year with all the snow and ice I never wore more than an old padded flannel shirt jacket out side and the cold didn't bother me.. but this morning it was COLD!!!!

1 comment:

Jiner said...

Whatever will Coop do with all those morning toast crumbs.

I will miss them, too, both in person and as background on the phone.